Sunday, February 5, 2017

Corsica Outlook Expeditions Trip July/August 2015



Memories: Corsica Outlook Expeditions Trip
July/August 2015


This was my first trip with Outlook Expeditions, as I was there as an assistant Expedition leader. I was with the Verulam School for St Albans and we were a team of 16 including myself and the expedition leader.

The students were doing their assessment for the Duke of Edinburgh gold award . 
The planning day was very good as the students all checked their gear and headed out to the local supermarket to do all their food shopping that they would need on the Corsican high level route across the mountains.


We flew from Gatwick to Nice, before taking a ferry across to Corsica. 





Our Ferry




Islands off the Northern coast of Corsica


The crossing was very calm and very hot in the middle of the day. It was busy with lots of holiday makers on board, some also doing the high level route.









After our arrival we quickly settled in at the hotel and briefed all the groups on the coming days ahead. Each group was given an amount of money to help them buy provisions for the coming days on the trail.

I manged to have a couple of hours to walk around the town and take some photos in the lovely sunshine.



                                          A view of the town from the Citadel






                                               Streets in the centre of town







                                           The lovely blue waters of Corsica





 A lovely bay with the mountains behind




                                               The famous citadel at Calpi 



The next morning I received some sad news that my mother of 99 years had passed away, so I had to leave the expedition and return home to organise the funeral. But Corsica had left me with a good impression and somewhere I will definitely return to.






What a beautiful country and one that I will come back to and complete the high level route through the Corsican mountain range


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.